[nsp] 2621 keeps freezing

z at wotb.org z at wotb.org
Thu Jul 24 10:34:25 EDT 2003

   I have a 2621 with 64MB of memory running:

IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IK8O3S-M), Version 12.2(16a), RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc2)

   It has 3 T1-DSU cards and 2 faste's.   The 3 T1's are moderately
loaded, and one is an internet connection that is being PAT'd.

   There is a decent amount of traffic going between the faste
interfaces as well.

   First off, this router hasn't exhibited hardware issues that I
can tell.. but it replaced 2 2621's.  The Internet T1 used to be on
another 2621 entirely, while the other 2621 had everything listed
above except that T1 ( and had an ethernet interface to the Internet
2621 ).   The load was high on the non-Internet T1 and it only had
32MB of memory, but it never froze up completely requiring a reset.

   So, my questions are:

   Is there any bug in 12.2(16a) that would cause the router to
freeze up?  Note, that I setup ACLs for that whole IP protocol bug
that was out a week ago or so and I haven't seen any hits.

   Is the 2621 overloaded?   In other words, should a 2621 be able
to handle 3 T1s at full load with NAT on one of those T1s and a
decent amount of traffic flowing between faste's?

   Any help you can offer would be great.

TIA,

.z