[nsp] 2621 keeps freezing

Z z at wotb.org
Thu Jul 24 11:33:17 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:14:46PM -0400, Daryl G. Jurbala wrote:
> Are you graphing your CPU/bandwidth usage and getting syslog events sent
> somewhere (or SNMP traps)?  If so, can you see any events leading up to
> the lockup?
>
> And how locked is the lockup?  Even the console port?

  Up to this point, I have not been able to get someone on the
console ( the router is remote and houses all connectivity to the
location ), but I had this in mind as well.

  The MRTG graphs don't show anything significant over the last 4
'freezes' which weren't happening about the first 2 weeks this
router was in place.  It just started happening on around the 15th
of the month and have had 4 crashes since the 15th.   All of the
crashes have ocurred during business hours when traffic is pumping
through.

  In other words, as far as I can tell the router runs normally
without any noticeable spike of activity that would indicate what is
happening.   This is why I asked if it is possibly a bug in the IOS
version.

.z