[nsp] Any Experience with 7304-NSE100 as a PE (RFC2547) ?

migcc at wanadoo.es migcc at wanadoo.es
Tue Jul 29 14:38:53 EDT 2003

Hello

I would like to know if anyone has used or tested the Cisco 7304
(NSE-100) as a PE router (RFC2547 MPLS VPN).

We like the idea of forwarding (PXF) and control plane separation and
we are now making some tests, but we have found some odd behaviour
under very stressing conditions (Continuous flapping of eBGP sessions
between PE and a large number of simulated CE's) with :
* MPLS Labels (VRF) allocation.
* Higher Memory Consumption compared to 7200 (NPE-400).

Apart from that, we like very much how it can keep the packet rate,
even when the CPU Usage is in the 80-100% range.

Thanks

Mig