[nsp] USB to serial for console access

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Wed Jul 30 18:37:35 EDT 2003

* nic at gblx.net (Nic McCartney) [Wed 30 Jul 2003, 17:32 CEST]:
> Just wondered if anybody has used or can recommend an interface
> convertor for USB to d-type serial for console access. My lap top
> has not got a d-type port on it.

I use a Keyspan with my PowerBook; no complaints.  The two-port version
needs extra cables because they have mini-DIN connectors instead of DB9.
Unfortunately it doesn't work with FreeBSD, as best as I can tell; the
website does sport a penguin logo, so I suppose they provide drivers for
Linux.

I prefer to use minicom in a Terminal; tip (from uucp) also works.

Cheers,

	-- Niels.