[nsp] AS5350

Rick Burts r.burts at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 05:06:28 EDT 2003

As far as I know the data sheet is correct. The limitation is the
ratio of incoming connections to the number of modems. In the 5350
there can be two cards of modems (108 modems per card) to give 216
modems. With T1/PRI there are 24 channels per T1 and so with 8 T1s
you would have a max of 192 connections (actually somewhat less
when you account for the D channel use). With E1 connections  there
are 30 channels per line. If you provisioned 8 E1s you would have
240 connections and over subscribe the modem pools. So only 7 E1s
is the limit.

Rick