[nsp] NM-1T3/E3 problems

Mourad BERKANE mourad.berkane at lambdanet.fr
Mon Jun 2 12:35:28 EDT 2003

What is your RTT between RouterA and B?

TCP bandwith limitation come sometimes from TCP windows size and RTT.
When RTT < 1 ms, the 64kbytes TCP limitation is not a problem (LAN
environment)
Each time you cross a Long Fat Network (LFN), example of 500 ms, TCP
throughpout could decrease to 1 Mb/s even if you do not suffer of a lack of
capacity.

Mourad