[nsp] MRTG Monitoring

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jun 2 21:54:54 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 10:52:02AM -0400, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:
> But the last time I tried dot1q, I didn't think IOS had SNMP OIDs for the
> router subinterfaces...or maybe I just didn't find them.  They were more
> apparent when I switched to ISL.

12.0(recent)S and 12.2 has subif counters both for 802.1q and for ISL.

The interesting part is that they have not been introduced at the same
time, but some 2 or 3 subreleases apart, so your image may well have only
one and not the other.

Why on earth they introduced SNMP counters, and not "show int" counters at
the same time escapes me, though (ATM subifs have both, even though the
SNMP counters do weird things if you delete and recreate a given interface
- the 32 bit counter is zeroed, and the 64 bit counter keeps its former
value, or vice versa, or something like this).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de