[nsp] cisco 2600 and PPPoA termination?

james jones jame_sj at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 18:17:05 EDT 2003

Is it possible to authorize a PPPoA request with a Cisco 2600 router?

Here is the basic setup:

CPE -> DSLAM (out DS3 wan module) -> (in DS3 module) Cisco 2600 (out
10/100 Ethernet)-> RADIUS SERVER (freeradius using mysql) -> receive
authorization -> then to Intranet/Internet

Please excuse the rough flowchart. But would something like that be
possible?

I have plenty experience configuring Linux routers but don't have any
experience when it comes to the realm of CISCO. Any pointers and
URL's  to good getting started type how to's would be great also.

The reason I am asking about the 2600 model is because we happen to
have one at the office that is not currently in use. This setup will
be in a test lab setting.

Thanks in advance

James