[nsp] MLPPP/BOD

Nick Kraal nick at arc.net.my
Tue Jun 10 18:19:31 EDT 2003

We have setup up two E1 links and 1xPRI between routerA (ISP) and routerB
(customer) and have the following:

1. Dialer1 at routerA is used with backup delay for E1 #1. ISP dials and
pays the ISDN charges subject to SLA.
2. Dialer2 at routerA is used with backup delay for E1 #2. ISP dials and
pays the ISDN charges subject to SLA.
3. Dialer3 at routerB is used with backup load for Multilink 3 (MLP bundle
consisting of E1 #1 and #2). Here the customer dials and pays for the ISDN
charges for 'extra' bandwidth.

Objectives 1 and 2 are met successfully. Straight forward physical backup on
PRI. And it is understood that only one physical E1 link can be done on the
PRI backup configuration. E1s are via different telco paths.

Objective 3 is not running as intended. Can BOD be done on a multilink
interface? Understood that there will be a lot of fine tuning to be done in
this setup as there is only 1xPRI backup circuit, but we will leave this
after meeting objective 3.

Any ideas, advice on this?

Many thanks in advance.

-nick/