[nsp] Re: increased Ethernet MTU on 7200

Rainer bj at zuto.de
Wed Jun 11 11:58:15 EDT 2003

Rainer wrote:
> is it possible to increase the MTU on any Ethernet interface available
> for 7200 routers? Searching cisco.com or googling around didn't turn up
> anything helpful.
>
> So far I had no luck with io-2fe, io-1fe-tx-isl and pa-1fa-tx-isl.

Hoping others may find this when googling here are my results:

I had no chance to increase the "real" MTU of any of the above
interfaces.

With 12.2.15T I was able to increase the "tag-switch mtu" for io-2fe und
pa-1fe-tx up to 1534. I've done this only on the main interface.
Although this workaround is documented somewhere on the cisco site, I
could not find any hint about the maximum size.

Configuring dot1q on a subinterface increased the mtu in
"show controllers FastEthernet", but had no effect on the packet size I
could get through the MPLS main interface.

Rainer

--
KeyID=759975BD fingerprint=887A 4BE3 6AB7 EE3C 4AE0  B0E1 0556 E25A 7599 75BD