[nsp] PA-FE-FX for 7206 - Is SMF Module exist?

Jan Friedel frido at obluda.cz
Thu Jun 12 19:30:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:19:35PM +0200, Mourad BERKANE wrote:
> I am looking for a Cisco NM Single Mode Fiber 100-Base FX (SMF) for a
> 7206
> router?
>
> I only find PA-FE-FX in the catalogue, can someone confirm me if it
> exist or
> not for this 7200 series.
>
> Cisco 7200 Series Port Adapters
>
>  PA-FE-FX    1-Port Fast Ethernet 100Base Fx Port Adapter
>
> Single-port Fast Ethernet/ISL 100BaseFX port adapter (fiber) with SC
> connectors (TX and RX) supporting multimode 62.5/125-micron fiber cables
> (PA-FE-FX)

  Hello,

    I have no experience with this PA, but following info you can get from
    cisco.com man can say that..

      - PA-FE-FX is almost at the end of life/sale (not support - till
	2008). For further info follow this link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/prod_bulletin09186a0080142d59.html

      - PA-FE-FX should be there also in the SM version. Thats what I
	understand from the product paper (probably shiped with such
	equipment). For further info check page 1-2 in the following
	document - http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps2033/c1146/ccmigration_09186a00801090f1.pdf
	(!something like 3MB of data!)

   Hope, somebody else have some ,,real'' experience ;)

  Best regards,

--
Jan Friedel