[nsp] Cisco 2950G access-lists

M.palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Mon Jun 23 11:08:25 EDT 2003

Hello all

I notice that on the new IOS versions of switches the in order to configure access-lists (e.g for telnet secutity or SNMP), you must use the same wildcard bits for all the entries in the access-list otherwise an error message is displayed which says  " %Error: The fielf sets of all the ACEw in an ACL should much. "  For example you can not write an accesslist as below:

access-list 10 permit 10.1.1.1
access-list 10 permit 10.2.2.0 0.0.0.15
access-list 10 permit 10.2.3.0 0.0.0.63

%Error: The fielf sets of all the ACEw in an ACL should much

I try to use extended access-list and again it is not possible.

On older IOS versios thiw is not happening. I dont undestand the logig behind this limitation on the new switches and I was wondering if this is a bug or if their is any command tha can allow me to write access-list with various wildcard masks.

Any commend and/or helo will be appreciated