[nsp] Cat5500/SUP-3 and ether channel question

lexus lexus at ince.st
Tue Jun 24 11:56:07 EDT 2003

I am being offered some WS-X5530-E2 and WS-X5530-E3 cards.  What is the
major difference between a NFFC and a NFFC2?  I mean, what can I do in a
NFFC2 that I cannot do in a NFFC?  The price is double for the -E3.

2nd question, adding a WS-X5536 for GIGE (LX) uplink, is it possible to
"bond" the 2 port GIGE uplink (run ether channel over them)?  I am
planning on using 2 of the spare CAT5000's (not 5500s) here with a sup3
and 2 gige ports to trunk between 2 buildings.  The 5000 will have 4x
WS-X5224's in it with one vlan per port on each side of the building.

Thanks!!

-ken