[nsp] FWSM and "Pseudo-Standby" status???

dani-nsp at roisman.com dani-nsp at roisman.com
Tue Jun 24 14:23:55 EDT 2003

Has anyone else seen this:

- Running two FWSM's one in each 6509 chassis
- Perform a slightly intrusive maintenance on the ISL trunk that hosts the failover vlan
- Secondary module goes into "pseudo standby" state, and actually starts handling some of
  the traffic.

The only remedy we could find is to reboot both modules.  We tried 'clear config all'
on the secondary module, wr mem, reboot, and then re-build the failover, no good.

We even tried "clear fail" on the primary, follow all the steps to rebuild the failover,
no good.

Each time we tried enabling failover on the secondary, we get this error:

FWSM#
        Mate is having different set of interfaces.  Configuration mismatch.
        Failover would be disabled

        Disabling failover.

The only remedy was to reboot the primary, then it all works beautifully.

I don't know how popular these FWSM's are yet, but hopefully someone out there has had
this experience.

- Dani