[nsp] performance impact at the GSR

sb ch chulmin22 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:18:15 EDT 2003

Hello, all.

I would like to set netflow and see using flowscan at a GSR router.
Is it possible without critical performance impact?

Router : GSR 12008 and  L3 Engine is 1.
Traffic : about 600M(generally Web traffic)
CPU : currently about 1%

According to this site
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/prodlit/ntfo_wp.htm)
if I set sampled netflow, I can minimize performance impact of the GSR,
right?
at this site, set sampled rate 1:100.
Then if I set 1000:1 or 10000:1, can  I more diminish performance impact of
the GSR?
Which rate is appropriate?

And how can I know my pps(packets per second) at Gigabit interface?
What's the command?

Finally question.
I have set access-list(50 lines) compiled at that interface, and I have
read that some impact would be happened when I set access-ilst together,
right?
then should I disable access-list to use netflow?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.