[nsp] netflow on cat6k native?

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 01:21:41 EST 2003

OK so I have now hacked up a collector and am getting pretty good data.

The trouble is the analysis produces bad results

I am getting 80% of flows from one particular cat6k, any ideas where the other
20% are going, they dont seem to be overflowing any udp buffers on the server.

When I calculate bit rates per interface they are too low by about a factor of
2 +/- 1

So the questions are where do the missing 20% go and do those particular 20%
really contain the missing 50% of the flow bitrates or is it just calculating it
wrong to begin with on the pfc before export?

Steve