[nsp] looking for a 12.0.nS recommendation

Pete Kruckenberg pete at kruckenberg.com
Tue Mar 4 00:28:55 EST 2003

What is the deal with the recent rash of SNMP problems in
IOS?

I have the exact same issue with 12.0.21-S{4,5}, which was
supposed to be fixed in -5. SNMP works fine for a week, then
I can't see in-bound (this is a VIP issue, the RP reports
both in-bound and out-bound, but SNMP apparently polls the
VIP, which shows only out-bound). Was supposed to be fixed
in -S5. Nope.

We decided no SNMP was better than our other bug options.
Good thing I don't bill customers...

12.0.21-S3 worked pretty well, just had a multicast bug that
we're still trying to get a fix for (after a year). This was
also supposedly fixed in -S5, but no go.

Pete.