[nsp] looking for a 12.0.nS recommendation

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Wed Mar 5 02:30:33 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	Call me daring, but i've found 12.2(14)S works well on 7200s.
>
> 	No bugs (yet).

Jared,

Please keep us updated on how this is working out.  I for one am already
in mainline 12.2, but I need to upgrade.  If I could hop over to the new S
in the bargain, all the better.  7200s as well.

Can you (or anyone else) comment on whether you've put the following
through any production testing?

-snmp counters (have to ask)
-bgp
-ospf
-pa-a3-atm (dsl aggregation - routed subints + bvi)
-gre tunnels
-dhcp helper
-nat (don't ask)

Also, since the CCO shakedown, I'm having a lot of trouble finding a page
that in general lays out what features one should expect to find in the
12.2S train.  For example the NBAR thread piqued my curiousity, and I'm
wondering if that's available in 12.2S.

Thanks,

Charles