[nsp] PPPoE Aggrigation via Extreme?

Joshua Coombs network-lists at gwi.net
Wed Mar 5 10:26:18 EST 2003

There is a good chance in some pops we'll be playing with gigabit fiber
interconnects, so my goal is to do routing and aggregation with the same
unit if possible.  AFIK a 36XX series cisco doesn't have gig interfaces
available, moving up into the 7200 series, they can't deal well with two
gig interfaces with fairly constant/heavy loading.  Are my biases off or
is there a more appropriate cisco I should examine?

If I do go with a 36XX for just aggregation, letting annother box handle
routing, how many sessions is the 36XX able to handle without strain? (I
like to never provision for more than 50% cpu/bus/backplane
utilization.)

Joshua Coombs
GWI Networking