[nsp] Ip address on interface

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Mar 5 08:26:07 EST 2003

ip address 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 is the network.... it is not a
real IP address.... it's like the 192.168.10.255 is the broadcast.

I didn't know you could use 0 as an IP but if you use ip address
192.168.10.0 255.255.0.0  then 192.16.0.0 is the network and
192.168.255.255 is the broadcast.

Does that answer your question?

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
Phone: (503) 385-4571
scott.voll at wesd.org

Confidential
This E-Mail and any attachments transmitted with it are property of
Willamette ESD and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this E-Mail is
addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify me at scott.voll at wesd.org  and delete this E-Mail and any
attachments.  Any other use, retention, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.