[nsp] Gigabit Ethernet over SDH/Sonet

Eoin Kenny eoin.kenny at heanet.ie
Fri Mar 7 14:09:45 EST 2003

Thanks for all the suggestions.
At the moment my GE circuit is finally up. The provider did a cold
restart of the STM64 ring!!! and our link came straight up.

>The Nortel GigE cards we have are single mode 1310nm, are you sure "your"
>Nortel cards are SX 850nm?

As for 1310nm Mikael you are wright the SDH ring has 1310nm interfaces.
The DWDM ring converts from our 850nm to 1310 at the providers site.

>What about physical loops in front of the GSRs ?
>Also what about remote loops on the DWDM ?

Physical loops on the DWDM and in front of the GSR also worked!

I have asked for a full explanation so if I get more information I will
let the list know.

Many thanks
Eoin