[nsp] blank screen during boot-up

Linus Karl linus at wenet.com.ph
Thu Mar 13 21:37:30 EST 2003

hi!
i've got a 2620 and we lost the enable password. i plugged in a console
(hyperterminal) and i got the Router> prompt only. i have tried all
possible password that we might have set but no luck.  i proceeded to
password recovery by pressing control-break (win98 pc) during boot up but
nothing is displayed on the screen.  i rebooted it again, this time, not
pressing any key, i just want to view the boot up sequence but still i got
blank screen. after 2 or 3 minutes, i presse enter and  Router> was
displayed.  any idea why im getting this blank screen and how can i
recover the password?

thanks,
linuskarl