[nsp] Limit packet rate

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Fri Mar 14 13:13:44 EST 2003

Hi,

is there a way to limit the packet rate?  I can't find a direct way to
configure this, and the indirect one I have in mind (limit the
bandwidth used by small packets) doesn't seem to be available, either.
Any other ideas?

The idea is that hosts usually have problems with high packet rate,
and not with high bandwidth, and it would be nice if you could drop a
few packets on the router to help them.

BTW, if anyone could send me a direct link to some configuration
documentation for the GSR ISE linecard (OC48X/POS-SR-SC,
OC48X/POS-LR-SC), I'd be very thankful. 8-)

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/