[nsp] 12.0(22)S2 / 12.0(23)S1

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Mar 15 04:58:24 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:50:23PM -0800, Steven W. Raymond wrote:
> Well, I am very sorry to report that I seem to now be seeing the SNMP
> counter bug on 12.0(21)S5 on 7500s after at least 4 weeks of uptime
> (including serial DS3s, HSSIs, and T1 interfaces).

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And I've just came across two interfaces on a 12.0(21)S5 box which
also seems to exhibit SNMP counter bugs. Both interfaces almost
stopped counting outgoing traffic about 3-4 weeks after being
upgraded to 12.0(21)S5. :-((((((((

Interfaces are pushing out several to dozends of mbits/s, but Cricket
only showing less than 100 bits/s. Every few days a spike of >>100Mbps,
on FastEthernet interfaces. Yeah. Another interface (E3) is showing
the same effect, but only since around 10 days.

Is it _so_ hard? :-(

Regards,
Daniel