[nsp] Counting bps...

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 18 09:20:32 EST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:19:53PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
>  - "show int" counters occasionally get stuck (fairly reproduceable, but
>    seems to be fixed in 12.0(21)S5 and 12.0(23))

I just want to point out that it is NOT fixed in 12.0(23).  Grrr.  They have
just managed to make it a lot less easy to reproduce.

(I have this Cat5500 RSM that usually managed to get a hanging counter on
one or two VLAN interfaces in a week or so.  I had a TAC case open, and
finally we ended up with 12.0(23), which was supposed to fix it.  It
seemed to, but now, after "30 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes",
one of the interface counters got stuck again).

So whatever you do with whichever counters you use - don't use them for
anything that brings money without sanity checks.

ge "what on earth is so difficult about counting bytes?" rt
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de