[nsp] looking for a 12.0.nS recommendation

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 19 09:45:32 EST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:13:48AM -0800, Steven W. Raymond wrote:
> > This bug actually appeared in 12.0(23)S...
> >
> > Affects only RSP/NSE based platforms (no GRP issues), switching to 64-bit
> > counters is the only workaround that i've found.
>
> Hrm.... can one "select" 64-bit counters, or is it simply a matter of
> getting a code train that supports them?  If so, when are 64-bit
> counters introduced?

It's a different SNMP OID that needs to be queried (and of course the
client application needs to support 64bit counters).

12.0S has had 64 bit counters since the beginning, if I remember correctly
- they have been introduced in the 11.1CC series.

They are usually not supported for all kinds of interfaces (like "this
interface is so low-speed that nobody would want 64 bit counters for
consistency with other interfaces"), so there are some pitfalls here.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de