[[nsp] Server Load Balancing Options]

Joshua Smith joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Wed Mar 26 14:07:24 EST 2003

Jason Greenberg <jg at execulink.com> wrote:

> Hello, would someone please validate this list, and or recommend less
> alternatives?  I would appreciate it a lot!

unless i am missing a vital piece of your question....i have used
local directors with pretty good results in front of high-traffic web
and mail servers - i have heard good things about alteons and f5's

f5 big-ip (ebay <= 2500)
alteon (ebay <= 3000)
cisco css/arrowpoint (ebay 2000-30000)
serveriron ( ebay <= 3000)