[nsp] ATM Switch questions

Scott Woodland scott at millenniumsolutions.net
Fri May 2 09:50:52 EDT 2003

Hey everyone,

I wonder if anyone can lend me some assistance with a project that I'm
working on for a customer.  I can provide a Visio of what we are trying
to accomplish.  Basically need someone that is familiar with Cisco's ATM
switches and what gear will work for this project.

Here is a portion of what the customer is trying to accomplish....

I need to terminate a DS3  PSTN line with DS0's and pass the DS0 trunks
to an Excel Lucent Switch in Sacramento.  There are 4 DS0's (T1's) from
the PSTN in San Diego.  I have 1 DS3 from San Diego to Los Angeles with
enough bandwidth to pass DS0's and Data from the 7206.  I believe I need
some sort of Media Converter to packetise the PSTN traffic to an ATM
SWITCH.  Then the ATM Switch will create an SVC or PVC and combine all
the DS0's down one path and the data from the Routers down another PVC
to the LA ATM SWITCH.  Then that switch takes all the other DS0's,
combines them into one full DS3 and sends that to Sacramento.

I need to see what gear I need and a yay or nay on this design.

Please email me offline and I can provide you a copy of the visio.

Regards,

Scott Woodland
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
1364 Blue Oaks Blvd., Suite 100
Roseville, CA 95678
V 888-801-2001 Ext. 230 or 916-671-2001 Ext. 230 F 916-671-2000
scott at millenniumsolutions.net
AIM: ScottMSG

Only those who see the invisible... Can do the impossible. - Think out
of the box

Millennium Solutions Group, Inc is a proud partner of O1 Communications
- Get Ready For Speed. Ask us for a quote on your voice and data
circuits