[nsp] bridging over ds3 serial

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Fri May 2 19:18:35 EDT 2003

At 02/05/2003 15:34, wakin' up the dead like serpent and the rainbow... wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience bridging ethernet over ds3 serial interface
>on 3660 routers? Pretty simple setup, the ds3 int is in the same bridge
>group as the fastethernet int. It works ok, but we are running into
>throughput issues, we are only getting 44kbps. We tried adjusting mtu and
>que sizes, to no avail. Then we got word from cisco tac, that the issue is
>that when bridging is turned on, all frames are processed by some
>'co-processor' and thats why things are slow. I could not find this
>documented anywhere and was wondering if anyone out there has run into
>this and found a workaround.

I've done this on a 3640 with no issues.

What encapsulation are you using? I'm bridging IP onto an ATM PVC.

          Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time