[nsp] ATM shaping and DSL on MC3810's

Cisco Geek Rotation cisco at peakpeak.com
Tue May 6 15:33:08 EDT 2003

Hello ATMers:

I'm trying to get some kind of per-VC shaping on an MC3810 running 12.1
IOS. Here is a snippet for an example vc-class called PPPADSLLimited.  In
this example, a 256Kbps VC would be limited to 128Kbps.

Problem is, it doesn't exactly work right.  When I put the PPPADSLLimited
vc-class on someone's VC (an individual user) it's as though the router
decides that random different people on the box should have their speed
totally killed, as in 0.

So I don't really understand why putting shaping on one VC will affect
other users, and I am not sure what else to check. I could *swear* I've
used this same trick on 3640's with no problems.

There aren't a lot of VC's on here either, just a couple dozen.  Anyone
know what to check to get this to work?

Thanks,
Chris

vc-class atm PPPADSLNONLimited
   encapsulation aal5ciscoppp Virtual-Template1
!
vc-class atm PPPADSLLimited
   vbr-nrt 128 128 100
   encapsulation aal5ciscoppp Virtual-Template1
!
interface Virtual-Template1
  ip unnumbered Ethernet0
  peer default ip address pool default