[nsp] ATM PVC service policy

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu May 8 10:06:53 EDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Spin wrote:

>   if I apply a service-policy command to an ATM PVC used for PPPoX (PPP
> session created through virtual-template configurations) service-policy
> works or works only for IP over ATM (RBE bridged)?

Depends on the IOS version.  12.2(14)S and 12.2(14)S1 can both assign a
service-policy directly to an ATM pvc used for PPPoA using a
virtual-template.  I don't think you can do this in earlier (than 12.2)
IOS.

i.e.

interface ATM3/0.42 point-to-point
 pvc 1/42
  class-vc atm-frame-1.5x384
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template21
  service-policy output voice-policy