[nsp] WS-X6148-GE-TX

dre andre at operations.net
Thu May 8 14:49:53 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 04:30:39PM -0400, Temkin, David wrote:
> Has anyone found any technical specs on this card yet?  It's dirt cheap, and
> I'm wondering in what way it's crippled (for that price, it has to be)...
> The website has scarce details (only marketing speak, nothing technical).

Not crippled; it's just using cheaper, better, faster ASIC's.

Same performance as a 6348 (which is better than a 6248), so go with the 6148 ;>

I hear that it also prevents Pinnacle COIL ASIC error conditions, and if this
is the case, then I *highly* recommend them over the 6348 or 6248 modules.

There is also the recently released WS-X6148-GE-TX which is way oversubscribed
if you plan on having more than 16 Gbps of one-way (inbound or outbound) traffic
(16+ 10/100/1000 running at near-Gbps speeds).  Support TDR, etc.  I think you
are talking about the WS-X6148-RJ-45, which is a very cheap 10/100-only solution
for the Cat6k.

dre