[nsp] idea: IOS filesystem support in Linux/etc

Edward Henigin ed at texas.net
Tue May 13 14:39:14 EDT 2003

Forgive me if someone else has thought of this.  Wouldn't it be
cool if you could take the PCMCIA flash card out of your Cisco,
put it into a PCMCIA card slot on your laptop or hooked up to your
PC, and just natively read/write the filesystem?  I'm guessing that
Linux/*BSD/etc would be the first/easiest place to implement this.
Anyone know if it's already been done?

This could make it much easier to recover from crash problems, or
to distribute a new image through a data center, etc...

Ed