[nsp] QoS on the 3550

Steven Godfrey steven.godfrey at intechnology.co.uk
Tue May 13 11:17:16 EDT 2003

Hi,
I'm testing QoS on the 3550-24 running IOS 12.1(12c) the documentation for QoS on the 3550 talks about the configuration of WRR on
the Egress interface for the scheduling.

Modular QoS is also supported and I can configure this in the normal manner, when I configure this the scheduling is Fair Queuing.
In modular QoS you can normally state a priority queue by using the priority command on the policy map for the class you want to
place in the high priority queue. On the 3550 this option is not there.

On the egress interface you can issue the command priority-queue out to invoke a high priority queue.

My question is how does this priority queue relate to the modular qos, I have looked at the mls qos map and cannot see a mapping for
IP precedence to the priority queue?

Would I best to proceed with the Modular QoS style of configuration for consistency of the QoS config on the network?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Steven Godfrey
Network Development Manager
Phone 01423 850007
steven.godfrey at intechnology.co.uk
InTechnology plc - Secure Offsite Data
Head Office:  Nidderdale House, Beckwith Knowle, Harrogate,  HG3 1SA.
Main:  01423 850000
Fax:  01423 858855
www.intechnology.co.uk