[nsp] Normal time for Active->Standby Switchover (6500 Sup1A)

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed May 21 11:56:00 EDT 2003

We started with HSRP and moved to SRM.  But the problem we had was that
with the FlexWAN when it switched over it still had to build the Serial
interfaces.  If I telneted into the standby and looked at the config, it
didn't have my serial interfaces so it had to build the serial
interfaces and then build the tables and then route.  Take a look at
SRM.  It seemed to be the better option in my opinion, but I think you
will have to upgrade your CatOS.

--Scott