[Re: [nsp] Translation Rules for India]

Andy Melton andy at meltons.net
Thu May 29 11:52:22 EDT 2003

What I've found is that there are 1091 individual city codes within the
state of Karnataka.  According to new dialing rules, a call placed from
within Karnataka (which is where the gateway is located) to a
destination within Karnataka, must replace the city code with '95'.  So
a call to 011-91-8229-5551212, should be placed as 95-8229-5551212.

The city codes range from 2-digit (i.e. Banglore) to 7-digits.  The
actual phone number can then be between 5 and 8 digits.  So, my first
concern is how to determine where the city code ends and where the
destination number begins.

I'm considering right now, creating 1091 dial-peers for calls to
Karnataka.

I believe that if I strip the 011-91 when the call first enters the
gateway, I should be able to match against the dial-peer through
something like....

destination pattern 8229T
prefix 95
forward digits all

This should match the country code against the dialed digits, prepend 95
and transmit the entire string via PRI.

For everything else, I'd do something like...

destination pattern 8T
prefix 0
forward digits all

Since the Karnataka calls will match the first set of more specific
dial-peers, those which don't match must be destined for areas outside
of Karnataka and should append 0 to the string and send the entire
thing.

I'm guessing that I'll end up with 1100 or so POTS dial peers.  I've got
256MB of memory in a 5350.  Am I going to run into problems with this
many 'rules'?