[nsp] "simple" top ASN destination report ?

Iva Cabric ivac at iskon.hr
Fri Nov 7 03:19:38 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:09:44AM -0800, matthew zeier wrote:

> Is there a "simple" way to get an idea of top ASN destinations?  I have
> flow-tools and FlowScan but appear to be lacking the "glue" to get the one
> report I really care about.

It should be easy with flow-tools, try this:

flow-stat -P -f20 -S3 < tmp* | head -30

It will show report of Destination ASes (in percents), sorted by second
field (octets). This command is issued in currently working directory
of flow-capture, and in file, whose name starts with "tmp", flow-capture
is writing newest flows.

If you need report for whole day, use something like this:

flow-cat ft-* | flow-stat -P -f20 -S3 | head -30