[nsp] Throughput of 100 Mbps

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Nov 7 05:10:12 EST 2003

You are raising a very interesting question. I never understood (or
seriously tried to understand) what is meant by this throughput numbers.

Are you saying that the pps numbers from Cisco are always for 64-bytes
packet? Could be, in fact this gives the highest pps number... And it's
always one-way, right?

The test I made was very simple: a 3620 with 2 FE interfaces, and a PC on
each of those; then FTP between the two PCs.

I only had 40% of CPU usage - why isn't it trying harder, to reach a higher
throughput? :-)

Vincent