[nsp] ip verify unicast not logging in ACL

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Wed Nov 12 11:39:16 EST 2003

Hi all,

I found a workaround to my problem of the BGP sessions drops. In fact it's
likely if I tested a bit more carefully all traffic was probably being
dropped - I'll test that later.

But it would appear (regardless of the ACLs never showing any matches), that
the following statement:

int vlan x
  ip verify unicast source reachable-via any allow-default 199
!
access-list 199 deny ip any any

Works as expected.

And:

int vlan x
  ip verify unicast source reachable-via any allow-default

is at the very least dropping BGP packets (I'll do some further testing).

IOS Bug?

Sam