[nsp] traffic/accouting via snmp for virtual-access users on 3640

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Nov 14 19:27:40 EST 2003

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:51:12PM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > *SO* much fun with Cisco counters.
>
> Ah, but they're coming up with *new* bugs, you know :-)  I like this
> one, on a 7609 GE-WAN interface:
>
>   1 minute input rate 26389000 bits/sec, 9410 packets/sec
>   1 minute output rate 4908094000 bits/sec, 9349 packets/sec
>
> The real output rate is around 45 Mbps. What's a couple of orders of
> magnitude among friends?

Nah, that's not a new one.  I've seen this on a 7200 already, ages
ago (a FE interfaces peaking at 1.5 Gbit/s.).

Now the interesting question: do you have consistently high bits/sec.
values, or is this only short peaks when the 32bit byte-counter wraps
around?  The latter one would be "my old bug", the former effect would
be new indeed.

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * ICE 1516 -> Berlin *