[nsp] eBGP routes not balancing

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Nov 17 03:09:55 EST 2003

Indeed BGP does select oldest-route when everything else is equal.  I don't
know that router IDs even come into play anymore.  Quagga/Zebra have this
behavior as well.

If you want to prefer one peer over the other you'll have to route-map with
some lower-local prefs on the lesser preferred peer.  I'd think if you
wanted there are hardware/software products that work in place of your
router to more automate this task of traffic engineering but I don't have
any I'd recommend.

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you