[nsp] OSPF & Encryption

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Tue Nov 18 15:25:21 EST 2003

One problem with using a IP MTU of 1500 on the tunnel interfaces is that the
receiving end will process switch any packets that need to be reassembled.
This can seriously impact your performance, so take care in doing this.

It does fix the broken PMTU problems that can result when you have to be on
links smaller then 1500, so some times it is the only option.

David