[nsp] NAT and VPN

Krzysztof Adamski k at adamski.org
Fri Nov 21 16:12:28 EST 2003

I need to join two networks, and I need to NAT some hosts.

The network looks like this:

HostA ---- Router A1 ---- Router A2 ---- Router A3 --- Internet

Internet --- PIX B --- net B

Currently Host A is 128.1.1.199 and needs to be visible as 172.30.5.129 to
net B network.
Router A3 has a single static IP for connecting to the Internet. This is
where the VPN to the PIX B is going be setup. I would prefer to do the NAT
on A3.
net B is 172.30.255.128 /26
Nothing else is to go though the VPN.

The connection between net B and HostA has to be bidirectional, there are
4 more machines like HostA, each is to have a uniq IP.
How should the NAT be setup, and how this will interact with the VPN?