[nsp] 2621 VPN mb/s w/wo AIM

Terry Baranski tbaranski at mail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:43:14 EST 2003

> I was wondering what kind of mb/s speeds I could expect using
> 3DES in both software mode, and with the AIM VPN accelerator
> card installed, on a 2621. So far I have found I can only get
> .5mb/s using software.  Does this sound off to anyone?

I managed to get around .8Mbps with software 3DES on a 2621.  I checked
with TAC just in case and they weren't surprised.

> Here is the situation:  I have a 10M internet link, which I
> would like to do a VPN over and get as much throughput as I
> can (8M +- would be ideal) using 2621's.

The only module that seems to be supported in a 2621 is the AIM-BP which
is rated at 10Mbps.  I've never used one for anything faster than a T1,
though, so I don't know if the rated throughput reflects reality.

-Terry