[nsp] OID for Supervisor CPU load

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Thu Oct 2 15:13:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

Where can I find the OID for the CPU load and memory usage of a Sup2 (native
IOS). I've got values for the MFSC2 card, but not the Sup.

Also a document detailing the different uses and needs of the memory on the
Sup and the MFSC would be useful. Currently we've got 512MB on the MFSC, but
just 128MB on the Sup2. Is that likely to cause any problems? It's been very
stable but checking 'sh mem fail alloc' shows 10 allocation failures, each
of 64K, 9 weeks ago (same as the uptime).

The Sup2 currently has around 40MB of processor memory free, and around 12MB
of I/O. Was wondering if it's trying to allocate some caches for L3
switching on the sup at boot-time and failing?

Thanks,

Sam