[nsp] Cisco 6509 with SUP1A-MSFC

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Oct 3 11:46:25 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 11:17:22AM -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:

> Are there issues with the MLS cache getting full if the SUP1A only has 64 MB
> of RAM? With <10,000 MAC addresses, is this even an issue?
>
> Thanks for the information!

	I've found it's important to insure that one uses
the "mls flow ip destination".  But just because it's configured
that way, doesn't mean it's the way it's being used
internally to the box.  Check it with "sh mls flowmask"
Cisco will transparently switch on you without warning (or a
way to check it via snmp) presently.  Some features require more
information so enable the more granular mls flow.  Note in their
docs, it says "minimum flowmask", so they basically reserve the right
to change it to the most abusive mls flowmask at any time.

	- Jared