[nsp] cisco 1760 ram

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Oct 6 19:45:20 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:55:48PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
> Whats the maximum possible ram to put in the 1760?
>
> cisco says 64m for 1760 and 96m for 1760-v
>
> is it possible to put more in them and does it violate warranty to do so?

	well, in theory installing any non-cisco-approved
hardware is supposed to void the warranty, but unless you
cause physical damage you shouldn't be
able to break it ...

	based on http://www.memoryx.net/routers.html
	and http://www.memoryx.net/1760v.html

	both can do 96m.  the 64m is for the flash
filesystem.

	Sometimes the hardware/software can see larger amounts
of ram.  The most clear case was the npe-225.  Cisco only
approved it for 128m of dram for quite some time then finally
announced that yes, a 256m dimm would work after several people
posted here that it could do 256m.

	I've been wondering if a 512m dimm would work in it myself,
but i've not dug up one to try it out ..

	Give it a try, don't force it, or cause physical damage
to the simm/dimm slot otherwise you've obviously voided your
warranty.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net