[nsp] 7200 Platform - Buffer Failures

James Galliford JamesG at corp.ptd.net
Mon Oct 13 11:52:50 EDT 2003

Hrm... The small buffers can obviously accommodate a 92 byte packet from
a Nachi infected host but the majority of buffers that are seeing the
failures with seem to be big/VeryBig/Huge/Large.  We do see occasional
small buffer failures but they do not seem to be nearly as common.  The
largest MTU on any of the routers interfaces should be 1500.  I wonder
why we would see an 'explosion' in failures for the larger buffer sizes
that exceed 1500 bytes???