[nsp] 26xx, dhcp, dynamic dns, GRE tunnels

Keptin Komrade Dr. BobWrench III esq. bownes at web9.com
Wed Oct 15 12:52:23 EDT 2003

ok, I have an interesting situation which I can make work manually but
I'd really like to automate. Anyone ever try anything like this?

	Cisco 2600 @ home, fed from a cable modem. Gets its address from 	the
DHCP server @ the cable company. Internal private space and 		public IP
space (my own /24) on separate internal networks.

	Internal space is NAT'd and goes out through a Linksys which 			also
gets an IP addr from the cable co. When this is re-IP'd

	GRE tunnel from the 2600 to a 3600 in co-lo space. I have bind 9
servers in same co-lo.

	3600 announces my /24 which is advertised @ the 3600 end.

Works great.

When the cable co re-ip's the network (happens about once every 4-6
months) I have to go through the 3600 and re config the tunnel.

I'd like to use DNS and dynamic update to avoid having to re-config the
tunnel. Or if anyone else has a better suggestion already rolled, I'm
willing to listen...