[nsp] intra-domain anycast

Brian Apley nanog at apley.net
Tue Oct 21 16:02:34 EDT 2003

Our DNS servers advertise /32s via RIP to their connected routers. The
routers then redistribute this into our core IGP. The A.D. is manipulated so
that RIP is preferred (otherwise, the connected routers will not
redistribute because it will see a better route via the IGP instead of RIP).
We're hoping to implement the IGP directly on the DNS platform in the
future, as well as add some scripting so that if BIND fails-unlikely-the OS
will cease to advertise the /32.